Component 1: Skill-Building Center
39 Volunteer Management Seminars and Guides
The cornerstone of the Everyone Ready Volunteer Management Skill-Building Program is the Skill-Building Center, a “library” of thirty-six (36) key volunteer management training resources plus three (3) introductory trainings designed to lay the foundation for successful involvement of volunteers. Each member organization has 24/7 access to the Center.
The training topics have universal interest, have been field-tested by diverse national organization members since 2005, and are updated regularly.
- The library is searchable by topic, trainer, and keyword
- All topics offer a downloadable Certificate of Completion after an evaluation has been submitted.
Online Training Seminars
19 Flash® audio-visual presentations (each divided into three parts, totaling 45-60 minutes in length) with downloadable handouts (PDF) including discussion questions and an annotated list of additional resources for continued learning on the subject.
- Seminars can be watched individually or by several people together. They can also be projected on a screen for presentation to groups, at a staff meeting, or as a conference breakout session.
20 downloadable and printable PDFs, 20-30 pages in length, developed for individual and group learning, with pre- and post-reading self-assessments, a “Featured Reading” from a respected source, discussion questions and “try-this” exercises, and an annotated list of further reading references and Web links.
- Self-Instruction Guides are downloaded by each learner, so your audience can develop a personal library of volunteer management information.
- Added bonus! The library provides an audio recording (MP3 file) of each Guide for online listening or downloading to a portable listening device. This gives your learners even more flexibility in when and how to access the information.
An international online publication offering a variety of new articles on trends and best practices in working with volunteers. Everyone in your network has full access to read the most current quarterly issue and to benefit from the entire archive of over ten years of past issues (over 360 articles and growing).
- Each month your learners will be directed to specific articles that provide additional information to the featured topic.
- Advanced learners will find the journal especially appealing, as it goes beyond the basic level of the Everyone Ready seminars and guides.